Prairie Ronde Residency Application
The Prairie Ronde Residency is looking for individuals who are highly independent, engaged and curious. We do not limit our residency to any specific medium but, rather, are looking for people who can creatively interact with the space we have to offer and the community of historic Vicksburg.
The residency hosts artists for 4 – 7 weeks during 3 sessions per year and accepts applications year round. All applications should specify which session you are applying for at the top of your application materials. Ex: “Session 3 2018”
- Apps Due – December 1
- Decisions completed – December 31st
- Session Window – March 15 to June 1
- Apps Due – March 1st
- Decisions completed – March 31st
- Session Window – June 15 to September 15
- Apps Due – June 15th
- Decisions Completed – July 15th
- Session Window – October 1 to December 15th
For the application, we ask that you complete & submit the following materials by the due date for the session you are applying for:
- Completed Artist Questionnaire
- Artist C.V.
- Examples of Previous Work and/or link to website
- Two letters of reference
- Please describe yourself and your artistic practice.
- How do you think your work might be applied to community ‘give back’?
- How would you use this time to work on your artistic practice?
- What are your preferred dates (between 4 – 7 weeks) in the session you are applying for?
- How might you use the Mill complex and the adjoining acreage during your time at Prairie Ronde?
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and all materials (except images, video files and audio files) should be sent in PDF format.
Can I bring a family member or a pet?
We understand that artists have families and pets so we are happy to discuss the possibility of accommodating them. If you would like to bring family members or pets please introduce them to us in your application.
Can I apply to multiple sessions at once?
Yes, please make a note on your application that you would be interested in alternate session dates and specify which dates.